The 3rd ETS International Turfgrass Conference
This week marks the dates for the 3rd ETS Conference where turfgrass professionals from around Europe (and also the United States) gather to talk about the latest issues in turfgrass management. This year’s conference takes place in Kristiansand, Norway. The conference includes information shared in the form of oral presentations as well as posters from around the world.
To ask questions and get information from the conference use the Twitter hashtag #ETS2012.
The European Turfgrass Society conference begins in Norway today. Follow #ETS2012 for updates
— EuropeanTurfGroup (@EuropeanTurf) June 25, 2012
Some titles relevant to @TurfDiseases include:
- Priorities for sustainable turfgrass management: a research and industry perspective. M. Strandberg, K. Blombäck, A.M. Dahl Jensen and J. Knox
- Turfgrass species and varieties for integrated pest management of Scandinavian putting greens. T.S. Aamlid, G. Thorvaldsson, F. Enger and T. Pettersen
- Traffic Tolerance of Fine Fescue Cultivars for use on Golf Course Fairways. E. Watkins, J.C. Stier, K.N. Morris, B.P. Horgan and D.J. Soldat
- Alternative grass species for use on low input putting greens. B.P. Horgan, E. Watkins and A. Hollman
- Disease suppression capability of composted waste materials. M. Buckley, M. Gaffney and A. Hunter
- Assimilation of phosphite by Agrostis stolonifera L. and its in vitro effect on Microdochium nivale. J. Dempsey, I.D. Wilson, P.T.N. Spencer-Phillips and D.L. Arnold
- Suppression of Microdochium nivale by Potassium Phosphite in Cool-season Turfgrasses. J. Dempsey
- Effect of snow cover on the degradation of the fungicides iprodione and chlorothalonil on golf course turfgrass. P.L. Koch, J.C. Stier and J.P. Kerns
- Evaluation of resistance to pink snow mold of velvet bentgrass cultivars in controlled environments. T. Espevig, A. Tronsmo, L. Hjeljord, B. Huang, C. Xu, M. DaCosta, B.B. Clarke, A. M. Tronsmo and T.S. Aamlid.
- Pesticide fate in sodded Kentucky bluegrass lawns in reponse to irrigation. M.R.Slavens and M. Petrovic
- Comparison of low vs. high-input management strategies on annual meadowgrass populations on golf course putting greens. K.M. Han and J.E. Kaminski
For the full program, check out the European Turfgrass Society website.